Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland’s (AADI) mission is to change the world for children with autism. Founded in 2010, AADI is a national charitable organisation which trains and places highly skilled assistance and companion dogs to provide safety to children in public places or act as a constant companion to the child with autism in their home environment. AADI’s dogs open up a whole new world of opportunity and possibility for children with autism and their families. AADI is a growing organisation committed to transforming the lives of children with autism by training and placing internationally accredited autism assistance dogs.
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland are recruiting a Client Administrator to join our growing team and ensure we maintain our excellent quality of service
This is a part time position 15 hours per week and will be based at our Head office in Little Island, Co Cork
Salary scale: €25,000 to €30,000 pro-rata based on a 39hr full time equivalent week (Starting salary D.O.E.)
- Providing administrative support to our team of Assistance Dog Instructors to ensure the smooth running of client training including arranging necessary equipment, transport and accommodation where required
- Managing communications and administration of our waiting list of clients including hosting virtual meetings and conferences
- Overseeing of dogs that have graduated, ensuring the clients they are partnered with receive an annual aftercare visit and health records are maintained for the dog
- Communicating and responding to queries from clients, staff and volunteers
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date using our database
- Schedule meetings with relevant stakeholders as required
- Attend meetings with the training team and record minutes
- General duties to include answering calls, filing, record management and other general office requirements
- Contribute to organisational learning through sharing of information and experience with colleagues
Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience in a busy administrative role.
- You will be a highly organised individual and have the ability to anticipate what needs to be done and work independently.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- You will be a confident communicator who can deal effectively with members of the public, suppliers, volunteers and staff members.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organise and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new systems.
- Experience of utilising database software
- Experience or good technical skills with the ability to learn quickly basic website editing to manage content relating to waiting list and clients (no coding required)
- Experience and confidence hosting and presenting in webinars or group meetings on video conferencing technology (i.e. Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet)
Key competencies required
- Personal effectiveness
- Customer/Client focus
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Must be comfortable working around dogs as they will be in the office.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Carol@aadi.ie Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 30th July.
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer