Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland’s (AADI) mission is to change the world for children with autism. Founded in 2010, AADI is a national charitable organisation which trains and places highly skilled assistance and companion dogs to provide safety to children in public places or act as a constant companion to the child with autism in their home environment. AADI’s dogs open up a whole new world of opportunity and possibility for children with autism and their families.
AADI is now seeking a part time Financial Administrator. As the Financial Administrator you will support the CEO and Head of Fundraising to ensure all income and expenditure is recorded accurately and in a timely manner. You will ensure all invoices and receipts are recorded accurately in our accounting software. You will work closely with our Treasurer to ensure that monthly accounts are kept accurate and up to date.
The role will be based at our HeadQuarters in Little Island, Cork and you will be required to work 1 full or 2-3 mornings or afternoons per week to suit the successful candidate.
Hours: Part-Time (8-10hrs)
Contract terms: Permanent
Location: Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland HQ, Little Island, Cork.
Salary scale for role: €27,000 - €30,000 (pro-rata)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Record income and expenditure on our accounting software (XERO)
- Keep records of all incoming invoices and liaise with the CEO to ensure they are paid in a timely manner
- Check all incoming invoices for errors and accuracy
- Process purchase orders and invoices on our database
- Prepare monthly accounting reconciliations
- Provide the Treasurer will all the information required to enable him to produce accurate month management accounts for the Board of Directors
- Report on income and expenditure data to support decision making
- Ensure financial controls are adhered to
- Assist in preparation of end of year audit
- Undertake any other reasonable duties are requested by Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- An accounting qualification an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using an accounting package such as XERO or Sage
- Good IT skills with experience of using databases
- Ability to adapt and learn how to utilise unfamiliar technology and software
- Experience working within a similar role in a non-profit organisation an advantage
- Honesty and integrity are essential
To apply please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Carol@aadi.ie Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 30th July.