Head of Fundraising - Hybrid
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland
Little Island, County Cork
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland (AADI) are seeking a full time Head of Fundraising to join their team in an exciting time of organisational growth and development.
The role reports directly to the CEO and the Board of Directors and as such, will be a member of the senior management team sharing collective responsibility to deliver the organisation's strategy and vision – “To change the world for children with autism”. The head of fundraising will lead a small and dedicated team of fundraisers and volunteers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organisation to achieve its fundraising targets and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from corporations, foundations, trusts, major donors and government sources.
Strategy and planning
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies and income target projections across the range of income streams
- In cooperation with the CEO, lead the development of strategy to achieve agreed long term organisational goals
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
Financial planning and budget management
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking systems
- Ensure the Fundraising Department is operating within budget
- Manage an effective team that delivers fundraising income meeting agreed targets across all income streams
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential corporate partners, stakeholders, external partners, volunteers, government officials and existing or potential lobbyists.
- Lead on identification and development of all new funding streams.
- Measure and report on performance of all fundraising activities.
- Lead AADI’s external communication activities such as marketing, PR & media, supporting & protecting the AADI brand.
- Ensure that all fundraising activity is done in adherence with the Fundraising Code of Best Practice and the Charities Governance Code
Fundraising team management
- Agreeing objectives and work plans
- Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management discussions
- Undertake annual performance reviews with personal development plans for all team members
- Agree objectives and work plans with all fundraising team members
- Manage workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management discussions
- Undertake annual performance reviews with personal development plans for all team members.
- The Head of Fundraising is a member of the AADI senior management team and as such the post-holder will be expected to play a proactive role in the management of the organisation, including:
o Organisational strategic planning
o Organisational development
o Income and expenditure budget planning and management
o Supporting governance activities to achieve ADI (Assistance Dogs International) accreditation
o Attending Board meetings as well as regular Committee Meetings
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial role
- Proven track record of strategic fundraising and meeting challenging income targets
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans
- Proven track record in fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation
- Experience of utilising the strength of an organisation brand for charity/business development
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions and recommendations based on data insights.
- Track record of bringing creative and fresh ideas to an organisation
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment in Ireland and of a range techniques and disciplines which will support the cost-effective generation of income for AADI
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Commitment to AADI core values and strategic direction
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Please note: we are reviewing applications upon receipt and may arrange interviews with suitable candidates upon review of their application. We therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Closing date Monday 23rd October 2023
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €60,000.00-€70,000.00 per year
Flexitime, On-site parking, Work from home
A track record of 5 years successful fundraising in the charity sector required ideally with team management experience.