Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland’s (AADI) mission is to change the world for children with autism. Founded in 2010, AADI is a national charitable organisation which trains and places highly skilled assistance and companion dogs to provide safety to children in public places or act as a constant companion to the child with autism in their home environment. AADI’s dogs open up a whole new world of opportunity and possibility for children with autism and their families.
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland are seeking a ‘Puppy Foster Care Supervisor’ for its Munster Puppy Program. You can read more about our training program here https://www.autismassistancedogsireland.ie/our-training-program
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with relevant experience and qualifications. This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, with a starting salary of around €30,000 (Negotiable DOE)
- Managing the Puppy Foster Care Programme in the Munster region.
- Continually monitoring the progress of the puppies to ensure they receive the highest standard of socialisation and early training in order to maximise their chances of becoming a qualified working assistance dog.
- Managing a group of up to 30 volunteer puppy foster carers. The puppies are looked after in the volunteers home and you would be visiting them on a regular basis providing ongoing training, support and advice whilst the puppy is in their care.
- Communicating, interviewing and assessing of prospective volunteer foster families and boarders to ensure a consistent supply to meet agreed targets.
- Organising and carrying out 1-2-1 and group puppy training classes, with volunteer foster families, at our HQ and in various other locations accross Munster
- Scheduling vet visits and ensuring all the puppies' health and welfare needs are met.
AADI uses progressive, force free methods keeping the emotional wellbeing and welfare of the dogs at the heart of our training.
The role requirements:
- 2+yrs experience of puppy training and development with relevant canine behaviour qualifications
- Willingness to learn and adapt current knowledge to bring your dog handling and puppy training practices in line with AADI’s training methods.
- A working knowledge of the assessment of puppy and dog behaviour and traits
- Excellent communicator with demonstrative experience of mentoring/supervising others.
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a wide range of people both inside and outside the charity.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage a busy workload
- You must be happy to work autonomously and be confident in managing your diary to ensure optimum efficiency
- Experience of working with volunteers (advantage)
- Full clean driving licence, a company van will be provided
- Enjoy driving - You will be required to visit the puppies under your supervision regularly, this will involve daily driving in the Munster region and occasionally driving to Dublin.
- Fluent English is essential & comfortable with IT systems and databases
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland is accredited to Assistance Dogs International.
You can find wealth of information about AADI, its training program and current staff team on our website www.aadi.ie
Closing date : Monday 30th July 2021. Interviews and assessments will take place in Cork
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
For more information on this role please contact Nuala on firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer