Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland are expanding their Puppy Training Programme and have a vacancy for a Puppy Foster Care Supervisor in Dublin.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with relevant experience and academic qualifications. This is a full time position, 39 hours per week.
The role will include establishing and managing the Puppy Foster Care scheme in Dublin. This will include recruiting, supervising and training with a number of volunteer Puppy Fosterers to raise our puppies for the first year of their life under the AADI Puppy Training Programme. AADI uses progressive, force free methods keeping the emotional wellbeing and welfare of the dogs at the heart of our training.
The role requirements:
- Experience of puppy training and development with relevant canine behaviour qualifications an advantage
- Leaving Certificate
- Willingness to learn and adapt current knowledge to bring your dog handling and puppy training practices in line with AADI’s training methods.
- Excellent Communicator with demonstrative experience of mentoring/supervising others.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Good planning, organisational skills and IT skills
- You must be happy to work autonomously and be confident in managing your diary to ensure optimum efficiency
- Experience of working with volunteers (desirable)
- Full clean driving licence, a van will be provided
- Enjoy driving - You will be required to visit the puppies under your supervision regularly, this will involve daily driving in the Dublin area and occasionally driving to our Headquarters in Cork.
- Full training will be provided but you will be expected to fulfill the training in Cork so this will require approximately 3 months based in Cork.
- Fluent English is essential
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland is accredited to Assistance Dogs International. We are a growing organisation focused on training and placing autism assistance dogs with children who have autism. You can find wealth of information about AADI, its training program and current staff team on our website. Please take a browse on our site before applying.
Closing date : Wednesday 29th July 2020. Interviews and assessments will take place in Cork
Please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this role please contact Nuala on email@example.com
Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer